Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/27 10:21:31 UTC

Support | Unable to build vmware from source.

Hello All,

I wondered if anyone could shed some light on an issue I am having when
compiling cloud stack from source. I have now failed to get this built 10 +
times and I must be missing something very basic.

1) I have downloaded '*apache-cloudstack-4.0.1-incubating-src.tar.bz2*' and
extracted to my working directory.
2) First step I perform is to download the deps using '*mvn -P deps -Dnonoss
*'
3) I download the following files and copy to the deps folder:
    -  vmware-vim.jar
    -  vmware-vim25.jar
    - cloud-icontrol.jar
    - cloud-netscaler.jar
    - cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
4) I then run ./*install-non-oss.sh *with finishes without issue.
5) I then run '*mvn install clean' *and then* *'*mvn install -Dnonoss*'
from the source root.
6) These finish without build errors.
7) Finally I run '*./waf rpm*' to create the RPM files.

When I install the RPMs on my management server, I am unable to add a
VMWare cluster as I get the error 'Could not find corresponding resource
manager for VMware'

It is worth noting, I was also receiving an error during the RPM build:

*BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.*
*x86_64
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**iControl.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**manageontap.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**netscaler-sdx.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**netscaler.jar
* *

RPM build errors:
    File listed twice: /usr/share/java/axis2-1.5.1.**jar
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/**Catalina/localhost
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/**Catalina/localhost/client
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/db.**properties
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/log4j-**cloud.xml
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/tomcat6.**conf
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**iControl.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**manageontap.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**netscaler-sdx.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-**netscaler.jar
system command rpmbuild failed with error value 1*

After some help from this mailing list, I managed to get this resolved by
adding the missing files to cloud.spec. However, I am still not getting the
vmware support within the build. When I add the paths for the
vmware-vim.jar, vmware-vim25.jar and vmware-apputils.jar (I have tried
renaming them to just vim.jar etc), I get the following error message when
running waf:

RPM build errors:
    File not found:
/root/wd/cloudstack/source/artifacts/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/java/apputils.jar
    File not found:
/root/wd/cloudstack/source/artifacts/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/java/vim.jar
    File not found:
/root/wd/cloudstack/source/artifacts/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/java/vim25.jar
system command rpmbuild failed with error value 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have now managed to confuse
myself :(

---
Kind Regards

Paul Sanders
Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com

Re: Support | Unable to build vmware from source.

Posted by Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mice,

I have renamed them files but am still getting the issue.

Thanks

---
Kind Regards

Paul Sanders
Mob: 07988 725 883

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
If you are on 4.0.1, and running non-oss build, you should check
components-nonoss.xml.in.

Thanks
-min

Posted by Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com>.