Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lionell_Hutz <de...@gmx.de> on 2009/09/22 15:28:09 UTC

returning JSONObject always displays the js-code

Hi there.
I'm using some links and a zone component. the EventHandler looks like this
(only some playing around and learning):

public Object onLeague(Object[] in) {
            JSONObject json = new JSONObject();
            json.put("content","");
            json.put("script", "alert('hi');");
            return json;
}

and I'm alwasy getting an zone-update which shows me the json-onject-literal
and not the wished alertbox with 'hi'.
What's wrong there?

Re: returning JSONObject always displays the js-code

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:28:09 -0300, Lionell_Hutz <de...@gmx.de>
escreveu:

> Hi there.

Hi!

> I'm using some links and a zone component. the EventHandler looks like
> this (only some playing around and learning):
> and I'm alwasy getting an zone-update which shows me the
> json-onject-literal
> and not the wished alertbox with 'hi'.
> What's wrong there?

The use of JSON with Zones. :) JSONObject is meant to be used when you
write your own JavaScript to request something in your page, component or
mixin class, When using Zones, you shouldn't return JSONObjets, as they
expect a Block or a component.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago