Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2011/01/11 23:58:04 UTC

[Vysper] Vysper Admin console

Hi

I'm currently working on a webbased admin console for Vysper. It uses
the service administration module that Bernd is working on and is
completely form driven. That is, besides a white list of allowed
commands, nothing is required to be implemented in the console once a
service admin command is done. It's pretty cool :-)

I'm about to commit a first prototype of it. It works with the
existing commands but does not support all field type and lack quite a
lot in esthetics :-) It's based on Spring MVC and Smack. There's not a
lot of code to it.

Please try it out. You need to start a server that uses the service
admin module, a ServerMain is provided in the admin-console module.
After that, you should be able to deploy the admin-console to any
servlet container, or simply run "mvn jetty:run" in the module to
start Jetty with the console deployed.

Bernd, I did a few minor changes in the service admin code, I hope I
didn't screw up anything or complicate your work.

/niklas

Re: [Vysper] Vysper Admin console

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 23:58, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm currently working on a webbased admin console for Vysper. It uses
> the service administration module that Bernd is working on and is
> completely form driven. That is, besides a white list of allowed
> commands, nothing is required to be implemented in the console once a
> service admin command is done. It's pretty cool :-)
>
> I'm about to commit a first prototype of it. It works with the
> existing commands but does not support all field type and lack quite a
> lot in esthetics :-) It's based on Spring MVC and Smack. There's not a
> lot of code to it.
>
> Please try it out. You need to start a server that uses the service
> admin module, a ServerMain is provided in the admin-console module.
> After that, you should be able to deploy the admin-console to any
> servlet container, or simply run "mvn jetty:run" in the module to
> start Jetty with the console deployed.
>
> Bernd, I did a few minor changes in the service admin code, I hope I
> didn't screw up anything or complicate your work.

+1, +1, +1 and +1.

  Bernd

Re: [Vysper] Vysper Admin console

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Niklas Gustavsson
<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> It works with the
> existing commands but does not support all field type and lack quite a
> lot in esthetics :-)

The look and feel of the admin console is now somewhat better :-)

/niklas