Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ricardo Rog <ri...@softproject.de> on 2009/10/09 10:22:02 UTC

[ExtVal]Custom error messages

Hello,

I'm using Extval with Trinidad. It works fine but I have one problem:

I don't want to use the ExtVal annotations in my entities, so I set the
required fields with

JPA annotations like this:

@Column(nullable = false, length = 20)

      private String someString;

My trinidad tags looks like this:

/>

Now I want to add a custom error message for this field if the required
validation fails. I know that Trinidad has a requiredMessageDetail property
for that but it doesn't work here. How can this be done?

Thank you

Ricardo Rog