Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 16:26:20 UTC

1.3.x - 2.x Roadmap?

Hi guys,

1. What are currently the differences between the 1.3 branch and the 2.0
branch?

2. When is the expectation there is going to be a release from the 2.0
branch? Any RC being planned?

Thx,

--Kurt

Re: 1.3.x - 2.x Roadmap?

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,
Can you point me some JIRAs. I would like to contribute for 2.x

Thanks
Milinda

--
Milinda Pathirage
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager WSO2 BPS; http://wso2.org/bps

Re: 1.3.x - 2.x Roadmap?

Posted by "matthieu.riou" <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Matthieu,
>
> We initially based the Riftsaw project on the trunk (2.0 codebase), but we
> have since moved back to 1.3, as we need  a stable codebase to build on. One
> of the main areas of concern for us is the ability to swap out the WS stack,
> and we're trying to use JAX-WS rather
> then coding against another internal API (as is done with axis2). We're
> making progress but I have to say things are pretty hairy in this module. If
> we pull it off we sure think this would be good to contribute back
> "upstream" to the ODE project. I'm hoping you would be interested to take it
> back.

I'm sure there's interest.

Thanks,
Matthieu