Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dustin Sallings <ds...@2wire.com> on 2003/07/15 02:58:21 UTC

unattended deployment docs/example

	Is there an example out there for a deployment that doesn't involve
the admin web thing?  I basically want to map the servlet, configure
some RPC handlers, and have it go.

	I've seen reference to a soap.xml as well as other configuration
files, but I haven't been able to find any complete documentation or
examples that show me what I need to do to get this stuff deployed.

	Thanks.

--
Dustin Sallings

Re: unattended deployment docs/example

Posted by Prajna <pr...@mahindrabt.com>.
Hi
I am a stranger to the world of soap n xml.Basically needed a client server
technology for my application so wished to try out soap.
Could anyone please clear a few of my baisc queries:
1)If I use soap, can multiple classes be supported at the server side i.e.
more than one interface
2)Can all data structures be easily used or code needs to be written for
each type?
3)Are asynchronous calls(event notifications) supported?
Someone please help me out.
Thanks & Regards
Prajna Ojha

Posted by Mike Ferraro <mi...@harvard.edu>.
we basically deploy a servlet in our war file and specify it to load on
startup in the web.xml file.  include your deployment descriptors, the
soap.jar file, and this servlet in your war.  then make the necessary
changes to your web.xml to reference the soap servlets.

here's a code snippet from the init method.  we actually have the file names
configured in a properties file and a loop that goes through all of them,
but this is a simple example...

import org.apache.soap.server.http.*;
import org.apache.soap.server.*;

public void init(ServletConfig arg0) throws ServletException
{
  try
  {
    System.out.println("Loading services...");

    ServiceManager serviceManager =

ServerHTTPUtils.getServiceManagerFromContext(config.getServletContext(),
null);

    InputStream input =

this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("descriptor.xml");
    InputStreamReader reader = new InputStreamReader(input);
    DeploymentDescriptor descriptor = DeploymentDescriptor.fromXML(reader);

    serviceManager.deploy(descriptor);

    System.out.println("Services loaded!");
  }
  catch (Exception ex)