Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by "Augustus, Kris" <AU...@ECU.EDU> on 2009/04/09 21:21:22 UTC

VCL Reservation Problem

I am trying to make a reservation on a new install of VCL but the reservation keeps failing. The management node is a virtual machine created within a ESX server which is hosting the images for VCL to load. I noticed in the highlighted area below that I am missing a directory that has looks for a key(most likely public key for ESX????). I did not see any steps in creating such a directory on the management node and also I did not see any instructions on ssh authentication between ESX and the management node. What am I missing here? Is there somewhere that has new instructions on building VCL with steps included for hosting the management node on an ESX server?
Thanks in advance,
Kris

10:09:43|19365|12:12|new|utils.pm:run_ssh_command(6848)|failed to run SSH command after 4 attempts, command: /usr/bin/ssh -i /etc/vcl/bladelinuxkey_id_rsa  -l root -p 24 -x esx1_1 'cat currentimage.txt' 2>&1, exit status: 255, output:

Re: VCL Reservation Problem

Posted by Melba Lopez <mi...@gmail.com>.
I had this same error a few days ago, but for a windows xp image.  I solved
this issue by creating a soft link, but I'm going to recopy what Brian wrote
to me:

Do you have a public/private key pair in your /etc/vcl/ directory?

VCL Keys are configured in vcld.conf with lines that look like these:

IDENTITY_blade_linux=/etc/vcl/bladelinuxkey_id_rsa

IDENTITY_solaris_lab=/etc/vcl/solaris_lab.key

IDENTITY_linux_lab=/etc/vcl/linux_lab.key

IDENTITY_blade_win=/etc/vcl/winxp_blade.key

Usually in my installations I create symbolic links in the /etc/vcl/
directory for things like winxp_blade.key pointing to the /root/.ssh/id_rsa
 If you did such a thing for winxp_blade.key, the public key corresponding
to /root/.ssh/id_rsa needs to be placed in the windows vm in your cygwin
area which provides windows with SSH.  If the private key is named id_rsa,
usually the public key is in the same directory and named id_rsa.pub

--
Melba Lopez
milopez@gmail.com