Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Trcek <St...@abas.de> on 2000/12/01 18:39:19 UTC

java task doesn't support filesets

I just wonder why the java task doesn't support filesets. Is this
feature planned for the near future?

I currently convert a makefile to ant that does somewhat like
find somedir | xargs java

Stefan

Re: java task doesn't support filesets

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Stefan Trcek <St...@abas.de> wrote:

> I just wonder why the java task doesn't support filesets. Is this
> feature planned for the near future?

I've been planning to create a <javaon> task just like <execon>
extends <exec> for exactly this type of functionality - don't hold
your breath though.

> I currently convert a makefile to ant that does somewhat like
> find somedir | xargs java

You could use <execon> for the time being. Problem is, that a new JVM
will be forked each time, which might very well means a big
performance hit.

Stefan