Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/11/25 08:50:46 UTC

Jenkins build number in SDK

Hi,

Is the Jenkins build number referenced in the Flex SDK ?

I am asking because the build number allows to determine precisely what's in a release.

Maurice

Maurice Amsellem
SYSTAR R&D - BusinessBridgeFX

RE: Jenkins build number in SDK

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Thanks Justin,

>No, the SVN check in number used to be but hat was removed when we moved to git to be the date the SDK was compiled on.

Not  the SVN check in number, but rather the Jenkins build number.
It's available in ant as  env.BUILD_NUMBER, IIRC.
There is also the GIT_COMMIT , which I didn't test yet.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Building+a+software+project#Buildingasoftwareproject-JenkinsSetEnvironmentVariables

I think it would be useful to have these (env.BUILD_NUMBER and GIT_COMMIT) written somewhere , maybe in flex-sdk-description.xml, to help track what's in a release.

WDYT?

Maurice

> Is the Jenkins build number referenced in the Flex SDK ?
No, the SVN check in number used to be but hat was removed when we moved to git to be the date the SDK was compiled on.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Jenkins build number in SDK

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.