Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Richards <An...@focus-solutions.co.uk> on 2007/10/09 16:35:53 UTC

[Trinidad 1.0.3] backward compatibility

Hello all.

Can anyone tell me if Trinidad 1.0.3 is backward compatible with Trinidad 1.0.1? I have a reasonably complex legacy JSF application which I have tried porting to 1.0.3 for a number of reasons. Unfortunately the application fails miserably. Just taking a quick glance I can see MenuModel, PanelAccordian, TreeTable etc etc all fail in my application?

Are there any major configuration changes I need to make to port to Trinidad 1.0.3 ? Currently all I have done is changed the dependency in my maven pom.

Many thanks

Andy

RE: [Trinidad 1.0.3] backward compatibility

Posted by Andrew Richards <An...@focus-solutions.co.uk>.
Ok I agree my description was rather vague; however I thought I may have missed something obvious. All of the components are on complex pages so I will have to pull the pages apart to provide test cases. I tested the three failing components in 1.0.2 & 1.0.3 as follows...

A pages are Apache Tiled and using IE 7

Trinidad 1.0.2

PanelAccordian -  does not expand
java: No stack trace
javascript:'console' is undefined

Complex panelPage -  fails completely, no tiling, some Trinidad menuItems
java: No stack trace
javascript: '_tURL' is undefined

treeTable: does not expand
java: No stack trace
javascript: 'console' is undefined

Trinidad 1.0.3

PanelAccordian -  does not expand
java: (If i try and expand more than once) WARNING: Event org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.event.DisclosureEvent[phaseId=INVOKE_
APPLICATION 5,component=CoreShowDetailItem[UINodeFacesBean, id=_id6],expanded=true] was delivered to a showDetail already in that disclosure state.
javascript: No exception

Complex panelPage -  fails completely, no tiling, some Trinidad menuItems
java: No stack trace
javascript: '_tURL' is undefined

treeTable: does not expand
java: No stack trace
javascript: No exception

I think I have seen some of the 1.0.2 javascript issues previously on the forum so I will investigate and try and provide simple test cases.

Thanks,

Andy

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.