Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Warner Onstine <wa...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/01 01:13:11 UTC

testing issue

Hi all,
I'm using a recent version from HEAD and I've run into an issue. We
used to be able to run our tests with this kind of config:
      <jdbc-connection-descriptor
        jcd-alias="dataSource"
        default-connection="true"
	    platform="Oracle9i"
	    jdbc-level="3.0"
	    batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="0"
	    ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false">
		<sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl"
/>
	</jdbc-connection-descriptor>

With this declared inside of our spring descriptor:

<bean id="dataSource"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
    	<property name="driverClassName">
      		<value>${kuali.jdbc.driverClassName}</value>
    	</property>
    	<property name="url">
      		<value>${kuali.jdbc.url}</value>
    	</property>
	    <property name="username">
	      	<value>${kuali.jdbc.username}</value>
	    </property>
	    <property name="password">
	      	<value>${kuali.jdbc.password}</value>
	    </property>
	</bean>

Re: testing issue

Posted by Warner Onstine <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, looks like it's a problem between head and spring. After dropping
down to 1.0.4-rc1 (from the 1_0_release branch) things are working
again.

Thanks for the assist!

-warner

Re: testing issue

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: testing issue

Posted by Warner Onstine <wa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, (stupid gmail). The rest of my question when trying to connect
with a test I get this error message:
2005-10-31 16:49:54,927 [main] ERROR
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl ::
Instantiation of jdbc driver failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.ClassHelper.getClass(ClassHelper.java:149)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDriverManager(ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.java:278)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl$ConPoolFactory.makeObject(ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.java:287)
	at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.checkOutJdbcConnection(ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.java:97)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.java:153)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:108)
	at org.springframework.orm.ojb.PersistenceBrokerTransactionManager.doBegin(PersistenceBrokerTransactionManager.java:198)
	at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:289)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:202)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:49)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:174)

However, earlier in the config Spring loads the driver just fine, so
there appears to be a disconnect between Spring an OJB (this works in
the earlier version of OJB - 1.0.4).

-warner