Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/02/02 01:19:06 UTC

Re: [lang] new method on ClassUtils

I think that we would have to ask for classloader advice ;-)

I suspect we would need:

loadClassSystemClassLoader() - Class.forName
loadClassThreadContextClassLoader() - thread
loadClassLangClassLoader() - from ClassUtils
loadClass(ClassLoader)

;-)

Stephen

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Potential problem with the forName is bad issue, we already have a
method using forName:

convertClassNamesToClasses

which turns a List of String into a List of Class using forName.

So, a) this seems to be a problem?  b) I'd like to point it at the new
forName method (or however that gets solved).

Hen

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Can we not leave this until after 2.1?? Rushing
something like this is a Bad Idea...

Stephen

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.