Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Eissing <st...@eissing.org> on 2015/07/08 16:42:44 UTC

now what?

Dear fellow committers,

as some of you might already be aware, Jim and Eric punished my work on mod_h2 by checking in my code into httpd/trunk. And now they have given me committer access to clean up after them. Oh my.

I have read gazillions of wiki pages designed for newbies like me to keep me from actually doing commits...

But now I am almost ready. I have transformed the modules/http2 into something that compiles and runs my test cases here locally. I will tomorrow make some additional checks on my Ubuntu image and, should I not hear otherwise, commit the whole thing. I do not want to break anything. If you want me to to use a branch first, just let me know.

Cheers,

Stefan

PS. Some data about me

email: icing@apache.org
fullname: Stefan Eissing
age: 49
co-founder: greenbytes GmbH
country+timezone: tschermany
twitter: @icing
http://www.eissing.org

Re: now what?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
My only hint, if you can structure the commits to single purposes (e.g.
relocate files, then a commit to merge new testcases, etc...) that is
helpful.  In particular - split code changes from the general reorg so it
is easier to follow, much as you can see we split committing xml docs
source changes from the commit after regenerating the resulting xhtml docs.