Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Scott Merritt <SM...@abilizer.com> on 2001/11/29 01:35:15 UTC

Can mod_jk be used with Turbine 2.x? Does this crap work?

I've given up on mod_webapp...  It just hangs all my virtual hosts and I
haven't found anyone who can't help me out and I've been reading all I can
for days now.  It also seems that everyone is having problems with it on the
Tomcat list group too.

Anyways...  back to mod_jk ...  I decided not to use this when I found that
part of the configuration requires you specify the worker.properties file.
This doesn't seem to ever appear in the turbine/conf directory, so I'm
thinking this isn't going to work.  I would've used to the Tomcat
auto-generated config files, but I don't know how to get it to build these
from the Turbine package.

Any ideas?  I'm still just the guy looking to make the url's look good.
I've spent a lot of time on mod_rewrite with no luck, now mod_webapp has
forced me to tear out some more hair, now I'm afraid I'm looking for some
more dissapointment with mod_jk ...

Maybe I should do my development with Turbine and then try to figure out how
to deploy to Resin.  I haven't had any of this crap with Resin.