Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ap...@4kg.com on 2002/03/19 05:54:38 UTC

Tomcat and HTTPD on Mac OS X

The problems:
 * Getting 404 on Tomcat's example servlet links
 * Installed mod_webapp.so and getting "Invalid virtual host name" error

ServerName is localhost, and I've followed all the directions, including the "couldn't be easier" steps found on Apple's dev site:
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/tomcat1.html

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.2, mod_webapp 1.0-tc40, Mac OS 10.1.3. I'm unsure of other pertinent versions, but know Software Update recently updated the JDK.

Thanks

Re: Tomcat and HTTPD on Mac OS X

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.
Well,

> I'm using Tomcat 4.0.2, mod_webapp 1.0-tc40, Mac OS 10.1.3. I'm unsure
> of other pertinent versions, but know Software Update recently updated the
JDK.

Just out of curiosity, what version is the JDK now?

You can get the version number with the -version option at the command line:

% java -version

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
Suita, Osaka