Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by "Sharma, Avani" <ag...@ebay.com> on 2010/12/01 03:32:25 UTC

ARFF converter

Hello,

I am using the arff converter to get the input data into mahout acceptable vector format.
bin/mahout arff.vector --input test.dat --output output -dictOut output/label.bindings

I am curious to know what label.bindings file should contain. It is empty right now for all my datasets. Is there an example somewhere to get this file as non-zero?
I only find the below documentation@https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Creating+Vectors+from+Weka%27s+ARFF+Format

  --dictOut (-t) dictOut              The file to output the label bindings

Actually, I am looking for a way to send along  an identifier and a label  with mvc file. At the time of clustering, I could ask mahout to ignore the identifier and use the label as output evaluation class.

I have just been trying out mahout for the past couple of days and haven't found these features after researching on the internet.
Thanks,
Avani