Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/03/15 23:37:33 UTC

[VIRTUAL] Reminder: Apache MADlib on PostgreSQL meeting tomorrow, Weds, 9AM PST

Greetings Apache MADlib users & developers, and friends using Apache HAWQ
and Greenplum Database,

We have an amazing virtual meeting tomorrow.  AJ Welch, Data Engineer at
Chart.io, will share some work he's been doing with MADlib running on
PostgreSQL as a follow-on to a presentation he gave at a recent PGConf.

Please join us at 9AM Pacific Daylight Time, tomorrow, Wednesday, at this

We will also give an update on the first official release of Apache MADlib
- v. 1.9Alpha.

See you tomorrow!

--
Greg Chase

Global Head, Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: [gpdb-users] Re: [VIRTUAL] Reminder: Apache MADlib on PostgreSQL meeting tomorrow, Weds, 9AM PST

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
The MADlib community calls happen 1x per month.  I think this last one was
the first time time we advertised the event on the Greenplum and HAWQ
mailing lists (though I could be wrong about this, Greg Chase can correct
me).

At any rate we had good attendance last week and a fun discussion, so if
there is no objection, we will continue to give notice of these events on
the Greenplum and HAWQ dev/user mailing lists.

One topic for the next meeting is the new path algorithm in upcoming MADlib
1.9 (kinda like Aster nPath), which may be of interest to SQL folks too,
not just machine learning folks.

Frank

Frank

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jim Nasby <Ji...@BlueTreble.com>.

Posted by Jim Nasby <Ji...@BlueTreble.com>.

Posted by Jon Roberts <jr...@pivotal.io>.
Some of the functions from pg_similarity are available with FuzzyStrMatch
which is included with Greenplum database.
http://gpdb.docs.pivotal.io/4370/ref_guide/extensions/fuzzystrmatch.html

It includes Soudex, Levenshtein, Metaphone, and Double Metaphone.  Soundex
and Levenshtein are both in pg_similiarity.

Jon Roberts
Principal Engineer | jroberts@pivotal.io | 615-426-8661

Posted by Jon Roberts <jr...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Marshall Presser <mp...@pivotal.io>.
Thnx. Some of us field folk like to get to both internal and external
calls.

--
Typos by iPhone. Thinkos by MEP.

Re: [VIRTUAL] Reminder: Apache MADlib on PostgreSQL meeting tomorrow, Weds, 9AM PST

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.
Hi Marshall,

Posted by Marshall Presser <mp...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.