Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ga...@jpmorgan.com on 2004/07/30 17:53:37 UTC

Illegal XML character: �. DONOT see this character in TCP Mon

24044 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl  -
Pushing element address2
24044 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.utils.NSStack  - NSPush (32)
24044 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl  -
Exit: DeserializationContextImpl::startElement()
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender  -
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal XML character:  �.
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.SOAPPart  - Enter: SOAPPart
ctor(FORM_FAULT)
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(setMsgForm)
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.SOAPPart  - Setting current message form
to: FORM_FAULT (currentMessage is now org.apache.axis.AxisFault)
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.SOAPPart  - Exit: SOAPPart ctor()
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(exception00)
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient  - Exception:
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.utils.NSStack  - NSPush (32)
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(empty00)
24114 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.utils.NSStack  - NSPop (empty)
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal XML character:  &
#x0;.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
      {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal XML character:  �.
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.InputEntity.fatal(InputEntity.java:1100)
      at
org.apache.crimson.parser.InputEntity.parsedContent(InputEntity.java:593)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1871)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1552)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1824)

the main issue is I donot see this character ANY where in the xml displayed
in the TCP Mon. I can post the response too if that would help.

Thanks and Regards,

Gary Grewal

                      gary.si.grewal@jp
                      morgan.com               To:       axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                               cc:
                      07/30/2004 10:14         Subject:  Re: Illegal XML character revisit and ways to handle the exception
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      axis-user

some posting I had found said that you do BASE64 encoding and then decoding
on the client side. I have not tried that either.  I have not found any
other solution some where.

We are having a similiar problem with 0x0 character. Earlier we had
similiar problems but on the BEA web logic we set the weblogic.i18n.charset
property to 'UTF-8' and that solved some problems. but this one seems to be
stuck.

29593 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(empty00)
29653 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.utils.NSStack  - NSPop (empty)
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal XML character:  &
#x0;.
 faultActor:

Can the any one from AXIS help us out over here. The problem is always with
the client generated by AXIS.

Thanks and Regards,

Gary Grewal

                      SLiu@netsuite.com

                                               To:
axis-user@ws.apache.org

                      07/30/2004 12:53         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  Illegal XML
character revisit and ways to handle the exception

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Hi, All,

Searching from the mailing list and I have found several past entries about
the illegal XML character topic but none of them have given a definite
answer.
I would like to know how people are handling them in their applications. My
own example is due to the fact that there are delimiters like Unicode
\u0005 in my data which causing the exception like listed below.

AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal XML character
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Illegal XML character
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3182)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3176)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.surrogatesToCharTmp(Parser2.java:24
93)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeReferenceInContent(Parser2.jav
a:2427)

Axis server run fine and converts the Unicode to its entity reference like
"&#xN;" and it does not throw any error. The problem is on the client side
which it failed. My question is that is there a way to tell the client Sax
parser to ignore this and leave it to the client application to handle
"&#xN;" as it fits.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended
as
an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument
are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made
herein
do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.