Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Buder <pa...@burnside.powells.com> on 2004/03/05 22:34:32 UTC

make install failing with aix and subversion 1.0

I got subversion 1.0 and Berkeley DB 4.2.52 compiled on an aix box.  They
are  both compiled to non-standard locations - Berkeley DB to
/home/paulb/bdb,
subversion configured with

./configure --prefix=/home/paulb/subversion
--with-berkeley-db=/home/paulb/bdb

The compiler is gcc 2.95.21. Aix version is 4.3.3
The make works and lots of the make install works but then it finally gets
to this.

/home/paulb/subversion-1.0.0/ac-helpers/install-sh -c -m 644
./subversion/svnversion/svnversion.1
/home/paulb/subversion/man/man1/svnversion.1
subversion/svnversion/svnversion . /repos/svn/trunk >
/home/paulb/subversion/include/subversion-1/svn-revision.txt
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program lt-svnversion because of the
following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module libdb.so could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module libdb.so.
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does
not exist.
make: *** [revision-install] Error 255

If I copy libdb.so to /usr/lib then instead it complains about libz and
some libgcc stuff being missing.

Any ideas?

Re: make install failing with aix and subversion 1.0

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
"paulb@burnside.powells.com" <pa...@burnside.powells.com> writes:

> That didn't make any difference.  As far as make check goes it looks like
> it fails immediately due to a lack of Python on this box.

> I might try grabbing libtool and autoconf.

If you don't have Python then autogen.sh won't work.  You might be
able to manually copy libtool.m4 and then run configure, but I have
never tried that.

--
Philip Martin

Re: make install failing with aix and subversion 1.0

Posted by "paulb@burnside.powells.com" <pa...@burnside.powells.com>.
--

> Try setting LIBPATH on AIX rather than LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  (I usually
> don't use gcc on AIX, only xlc, so I'm not positive that advice is
> going to help, but it may be worth a try.)

That seemed to do it.  It needs that at runtime too but I can make aliases.
Thank you.

Re: make install failing with aix and subversion 1.0

Posted by Travis P <sv...@castle.fastmail.fm>.
Try setting LIBPATH on AIX rather than LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  (I usually
don't use gcc on AIX, only xlc, so I'm not positive that advice is
going to help, but it may be worth a try.)

-Travis

Posted by "paulb@burnside.powells.com" <pa...@burnside.powells.com>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.