Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/03 21:07:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release DataSketches-hive 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

### NEW COMPONENT! ###

Hello Apache DataSketches PPMC and Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-hive version:
 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

    NOTE 1: This is the Hive adaptors component of the DataSketches library
that enables Apache Hive to access the datasketches-java core library.

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive

    Git Tag for this release:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive/tree/1.0.0-incubating-RC1
on branch 1.0.X-incubating

    Git HashId for this release starts with: 5319e72

3. The Release Candidate / Zip Repository:
    -
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/hive/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: Maven Central [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar
Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-hive/1.0.0-incubating/

5. Build & Test Guide:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive/blob/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/README.md

6. The vote will be performed in two stages:
   - This letter will be published on dev@ and remain open for at least 72
hours and at least 3 (+1) PPMC votes or a majority of (+1) are acquired.
All PPMC members including Mentors can vote. However, a negative vote from
a Mentor will cancel this voting process.

   - After it passes the first stage, the summary of that vote and the key
information from this letter will be published on general@incubator and
remain open for at least 72 hours and at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes or a
majority of (+1) are acquired.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-hive 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Any progress on this?

Cheers,

Lee.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

#1 is rather rare in our case.  Someone testing a new staged release to
#2 is used by our committers that do releases.
#3 is the general user case.  Here, the artifacts are generally downloaded
automatically by the downstream Maven or equivalent build manager.  And I
would presume they would access Maven Central directly for this.  This
could be relatively high volume, but MC should be able to handle it.

Some external developers may wish to download the zip from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/, but I would think that would be rare, as
it is much easier to get a zip or fork from Github directly.

From your comments and your links, I don't find any suggestion to change

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Lee,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Lee,

Sorry, I did not to it yesterday. I’m driving today and should have time tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave,

> [...]

> >> 5. Build & Test Guide:
> >>    -
> >>

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive/blob/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/README.md
> >>
> >> 6. The vote will be performed in two stages:
> >>   - This letter will be published on dev@ and remain open for at least
> 72
> >> hours and at least 3 (+1) PPMC votes or a majority of (+1) are acquired.
> >> All PPMC members including Mentors can vote. However, a negative vote
> from
> >> a Mentor will cancel this voting process.
> >>
> >>   - After it passes the first stage, the summary of that vote and the
> key
> >> information from this letter will be published on general@incubator and
> >> remain open for at least 72 hours and at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes or a

From my cell phone.

Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-hive 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
+1(binding)  from my side.
I checked :

- Incubating in name

- DISCLAIMER exists

- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine

- No unexpected binary files

- Checked checksums

Regards
Liang

Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> 于2019年10月6日周日 下午1:54写道:

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

I checked the same as Furkan.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for voting!

That stylesheet.css should have been deleted. It is now deleted in master.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,