Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/19 23:18:22 UTC

Process Versioning

Hi,

I've just made a small documentation to explain how process versioning
works. For a sneak peek before it gets mirrored:

http://cwiki.apache.org/ODExSITE/process-versioning.html

Feel free to tell me if some parts aren't as clear as I thought.

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: Process Versioning

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Jim,

You're correct. However you need to add the endpoint definition to your
example.

If process C-1 uses endpoint foo and C-2 uses endpoint foo as well, then C-2
must be retired anyway and A can't continue using C-2. Otherwise your two
endpoints would conflict and the result is a mess. You can't enable two
processes (even two versions of the same process definition) on a single
endpoint.

On the other end if you changed C to use a different endpoint and you still
want to keep C-1 around you can still do it by "branching" which would be
renaming C to D for example and you would have C-1 and D-2 (remember that
the version number is increased globally, subversion style). That would be
an endpoint change so you'd have to update B to make it use the new endpoint
for D.

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: Process Versioning

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
Alex,

Re: Process Versioning

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Re: Process Versioning

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
Matthieu,

Solid start on the versioning document. How does versioning work in the
case where one process interacts with another process, which is in a
separate bundle.

This is the use case