Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Avula, Srini" <SA...@aqa.org.uk> on 2004/07/13 11:43:11 UTC

JasperException

Hi

After we deployed application in tomcat we got this error: (However the
deployment done successfully in oracle 10G OC4J Server and works fine).

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP An
error occurred at line: 135 in the jsp file: sri/eEntries.jsp Generated
servlet error: [javac] Compiling 1 source file C:\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\work\Catalina\localhost\eaqa_systest\org\apache\jsp\ear\candidate\Ca
ndidateEntries_jsp.java:1039: cannot resolve symbol symbol : method
setValue (java.lang.Object) location: class
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.EqualTag _jspx_th_logic_equal_0.setValue(
yearRow.getAttribute("Formattedyear")

It seems as though using scriptlets within the struts logic tags is
causing the problem under Tomcat, any suggestions?