Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2017/05/02 01:18:45 UTC

Re: MD5 checker Jenkins job

On 4/30/17, 7:44 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Gyus,
>
>I guess the reason is that the default Ant job tries to read the file
>into memory. This isn’t needed in order to calculate the md5 hash … If
>the target used a streaming implementation, it should work with a few KB
>of memory.

True.  Volunteers are welcome to work on that as well.  However, my
computer has enough memory to do the job.  Maybe Tom or others can help
out as well.  I've beefed up the Wiki page here [1]

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/MD5Checker+Instruction+Man
ual

-Alex

Re: MD5 checker Jenkins job

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 5/2/17, 2:07 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

>Sounds easy.
>
>In the mean time, I think the instance has died ? Can you restart it ?

When I looked it appeared to be up, but still stuck on MD5Checker even
though I updated it last night.  It turned out that the ASF CMS didn't
pick up the changes so I had to manually tweak a file and force the
change.  I added instructions on that to the MD5Checker wiki page.

I also added another wiki page about how to restart the Jenkins slaves.  I
posted a link to it on the private list along with login/password.
Hopefully others can help maintain the server.

There are likely to be times this summer when I will be off-the-grid for
extended periods of time, so I want to make sure others can keep this
stuff running.

Thanks for volunteering to help.

-Alex

Re: MD5 checker Jenkins job

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Sounds easy.

In the mean time, I think the instance has died ? Can you restart it ?

Tom