Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by raghu <s_...@rti.daimlerchrysler.com> on 2001/08/01 08:58:07 UTC

beginner

Hello all,
I am a cocoon beginner, i want to create a new application(a portal),  where
should i put all my xml, xsl documents and should i change the original
sitemap and cocoon.xconf to suit my needs, or should i put my docs in a
separate directory and copy sitemap.xmap and cocoon.xconf to it and then do
changes?
hope my question is clear enough,
please reply,
raghu

"black holes are,
when GOD is dividing by zero"

Re: beginner

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi.,
   You could do it either way....if u dont want any of
c2 default sitemap components then u can modify the
main sitemap and put ur xml&xsl as per the examples
provide...or if u prefer to keep the main c2 examples
and build ur project separately, then look at the
subsitemap examples...

I follow the subsitemap method for development and
then plan to deploy on main sitemap in prod...

 --- raghu <s_...@rti.daimlerchrysler.com> wrote: >
Hello all,
> I am a cocoon beginner, i want to create a new
> application(a portal),  where
> should i put all my xml, xsl documents and should i
> change the original
> sitemap and cocoon.xconf to suit my needs, or should
> i put my docs in a
> separate directory and copy sitemap.xmap and
> cocoon.xconf to it and then do
> changes?
> hope my question is clear enough,
> please reply,