Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Richard DeGrande <RD...@co.jefferson.co.us> on 2007/03/28 18:07:58 UTC

Problem with userguide sample

I've deployed the logging module and all services with no exceptions.  However, when I try to call a service I get the following error.

compile:

run.client.ping:
     [java] Mar 28, 2007 9:53:14 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
     [java] INFO: Deploying module : addressing-1.1.1
     [java] Mar 28, 2007 9:53:14 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
     [java] INFO: Deploying module : soapmonitor-1.1.1
     [java] Mar 28, 2007 9:53:14 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
     [java] INFO: Deploying module : sample-logging
     [java] Mar 28, 2007 9:53:14 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
     [java] INFO: Deploying Web service  sample-MyService.aar
     [java] org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Processing Operations Modules logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Processing Operations Modules logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module is invalid or has not been deployed
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:139)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.java:528)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList.java:196)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener.java:227)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryListener.java:174)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadServices(DeploymentEngine.java:88)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.FileSystemConfigurator.loadServices(FileSystemConfigurator.java:129)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:72)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:180)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.initializeTransports(ServiceClient.java:189)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.configureServiceClient(ServiceClient.java:118)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.<init>(ServiceClient.java:114)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.<init>(ServiceClient.java:207)
     [java]     at userguide.clients.PingClient.main(Unknown Source)
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Processing Operations Modules l

Re: Problem with userguide sample

Posted by Richard DeGrande <RD...@co.jefferson.co.us>.
Michele,

<module name="logging" class="userguide.loggingmodule.LoggingModule">
    <InFlow>
        <handler name="InFlowLogHandler" class="userguide.loggingmodule.LogHandler">
            <order phase="loggingPhase"/>
        </handler>
    </InFlow>

    <OutFlow>
        <handler name="OutFlowLogHandler" class="userguide.loggingmodule.LogHandler">
            <order phase="loggingPhase"/>
        </handler>
    </OutFlow>

    <OutFaultFlow>
        <handler name="FaultOutFlowLogHandler" class="userguide.loggingmodule.LogHandler">
            <order phase="loggingPhase"/>
        </handler>
    </OutFaultFlow>

    <InFaultFlow>
        <handler name="FaultInFlowLogHandler" class="userguide.loggingmodule.LogHandler">
            <order phase="loggingPhase"/>
        </handler>
    </InFaultFlow>
</module>

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 10:18 -0600, Richard DeGrande wrote:
> The service.xml is the same as whatever comes with the sample.

I'm sorry. I meant module.xml.

Michele

Re: Problem with userguide sample

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Richard,

try to turn out the axis2 logs. Assuming you're using tomcat, open
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/classes/commons-logging.properties
and uncomment the last line. If you're using log4j, add this section to
your log4j (i.e. the log4j.properties which goes into your .aar file)

log4j.appender.axis2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.axis2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.axis2.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %C{1}:%M - %m%n

log4j.appender.axis2.File=${catalina.home}/logs/axis2_logs.log

log4j.appender.axis2.MaxFileSize=40000KB
log4j.appender.axis2.MaxBackupIndex=1

# Truncate 'axis2_logs.log' if it aleady exists.
log4j.appender.axis2.Append=false

log4j.category.org.apache.axis2=TRACE, A1, axis2

Michele

Posted by Richard DeGrande <RD...@co.jefferson.co.us>.
Michele,

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Richard,

Posted by Richard DeGrande <RD...@co.jefferson.co.us>.
Michele,

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.

Posted by Richard DeGrande <RD...@co.jefferson.co.us>.
Michele

Here is my axis2.xml.  I'm only posting the phase portion because that is all I changed.  The service.xml is the same as whatever comes with the sample.
Does this help ?....

thx

   <phaseOrder type="InFlow">
        <!--  System pre defined phases       -->
        <phase name="Transport">
            <handler name="RequestURIBasedDispatcher"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.engine.RequestURIBasedDispatcher">
                <order phase="Transport"/>
            </handler>
            <handler name="SOAPActionBasedDispatcher"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.engine.SOAPActionBasedDispatcher">
                <order phase="Transport"/>
            </handler>
        </phase>
        <phase name="Security"/>
        <phase name="PreDispatch"/>
        <phase name="Dispatch" class="org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase">
            <handler name="AddressingBasedDispatcher"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.engine.AddressingBasedDispatcher">
                <order phase="Dispatch"/>
            </handler>

            <handler name="SOAPMessageBodyBasedDispatcher"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.engine.SOAPMessageBodyBasedDispatcher">
                <order phase="Dispatch"/>
            </handler>
            <handler name="InstanceDispatcher"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.engine.InstanceDispatcher">
                <order phase="Dispatch"/>
            </handler>
        </phase>
        <!--  System pre defined phases       -->
        <!--   After Postdispatch phase module author or or service author can add any phase he want      -->
        <phase name="OperationInPhase"/>
        <phase name="soapmonitorPhase"/>
        <phase name="loggingPhase"/>
    </phaseOrder>
    <phaseOrder type="OutFlow">
        <!--      user can add his own phases to this area  -->
        <phase name="soapmonitorPhase"/>
        <phase name="OperationOutPhase"/>
        <phase name="loggingPhase"/>
        <!--system predefined phase-->
        <!--these phase will run irrespective of the service-->
        <phase name="PolicyDetermination"/>
        <phase name="MessageOut"/>
        <phase name="Security"/>
    </phaseOrder>
    <phaseOrder type="InFaultFlow">
[...]

                <order phase="PostDispatch"/>
            </handler>
        </phase>
        <!--      user can add his own phases to this area  -->
        <phase name="OperationInFaultPhase"/>
        <phase name="soapmonitorPhase"/>
        <phase name="loggingPhase"/>
    </phaseOrder>
    <phaseOrder type="OutFaultFlow">
        <!--      user can add his own phases to this area  -->
        <phase name="soapmonitorPhase"/>
        <phase name="OperationOutFaultPhase"/>
        <phase name="PolicyDetermination"/>
        <phase name="MessageOut"/>
        <phase name="loggingPhase"/>
    </phaseOrder>
</axisconfig>

>>> Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk> 3/28/2007 10:12:49 AM >>>
Richard,

can you please post your axis2.xml and services.xml?

Michele

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Richard,