Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by shaoguang geng <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/21 11:02:47 UTC

Reply to Amita Vadhavkar's great picture

Hi, Amita Vadhavkar,

I read your great picture, it's nice!

Transaction issue is a big expectation at Tuscany.

I have a suggestion over this question:

I think to work on the DAS's external transaction pattern is not the best way. Infact is seem's a self control over the datasource/connection; Why do we need DAS in this case?

I think DAS is something that client object does not know any thing about it's detail, but this pattern is a over interactive/controll.

DAS is not due to any standard. Why not do some change to it's code. I think a DASTransactionManager with a setDAS might be a way to help this.

And DAS should provide commit and rollback method. If this is difficult, we could manage our own datasource without DAS.

Any way Amita, you are the professor, you deside it.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.