Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/08 12:53:47 UTC

2.1 Functional Mode ; log Errors only

Functional mode does not work currently in 2.1.

Whilst looking into this, I noticed that "Log Errors only" does more
in 2.0 than just prevent successful results from being sent to the
visualizers - it also behaves like Functional Test mode for failed
results, in that the result Data is written to the test log.

In 2.1 at present, "Log Errors only" behaves as I expected, i.e. it
suppresses successful results from appearing in the Listener (and its
log file) and it does not affect the data written to the log file.

Seems to me it would be useful to extend the Test Plan GUI to add an
option to log Result Data for errors only. This would be useful for
checking why an assertion failed.
It would also be useful to add an equivalent property so the mode
could be set from the command line.

==

I'd also like to suggest a change in the way Functional mode is implemented:

At the moment, Functional Test mode is stored as a property by
TestPlan, and ResultCollector then stores it as a static variable.

There will only ever be one Test Plan class in a Test Plan, so it
would be easy to add static methods to it to return the current
settings for Functional Test Mode (and my proposed Error Result Data
mode). This would make it easier to check (at present the setting is
copied to the ResultCollector class by scanning the classes.)

[The TestPlan.FUNCTIONAL_MODE property would need to be kept so as to
be saved in JMX files]

==

WDYT?

S.

Re: 2.1 Functional Mode ; log Errors only

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
great, thanks!

peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.