Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@apache.org> on 2010/01/09 16:18:31 UTC

Commons Primitive

Hi,

I was just trying to adapt some code for integration into the
incubating apache clerezza project. The code uses IntSet and
IntIterator for the it.unimi.dsi.fastutil.ints packge wich is
unfornutately under LGPL license.

Looking for an alternative I found the IntSet in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PRIMITIVES-3, unfortunately this
seems not to have become part of commons primitive (the issue has been
open for more than 5 years). Is there any chance there will sonn be a
snapshot release including this classes (or another IntSet
implementation)?

Cheers,
reto

Re: Commons Primitive

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Benson Margulies has been doing  a lot of work in the Mahout project related
to what you are looking for.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-239 and related issues.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@apache.org>wrote:

> Not findig IntSet and IntIterator, is there any artifact containing
> them? Wouldn't such classes be better placed in commons.primitives,
> why not resolve PRIMITIVES-3?
>
> additionally to the mentioned IntHashSet and IntIterator I'm also
> looking for an IntHashMap<T> (key is an int).
>
> Cheers,
> reto
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Mahout project has an early implementation of structures related to
> > this.
> >
> > See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-229 for one thread of
> the
> > effort.
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I was just trying to adapt some code for integration into the
> >> incubating apache clerezza project. The code uses IntSet and
> >> IntIterator for the it.unimi.dsi.fastutil.ints packge wich is
> >> unfornutately under LGPL license.
> >>
> >> Looking for an alternative I found the IntSet in
> >> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PRIMITIVES-3, unfortunately this
> >> seems not to have become part of commons primitive (the issue has been
> >> open for more than 5 years). Is there any chance there will sonn be a
> >> snapshot release including this classes (or another IntSet
> >> implementation)?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> reto

> > --
> > Ted Dunning, CTO
> > DeepDyve

Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: Commons Primitive

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@apache.org>.

Re: Commons Primitive

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The Mahout project has an early implementation of structures related to
this.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-229 for one thread of the
effort.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just trying to adapt some code for integration into the
> incubating apache clerezza project. The code uses IntSet and
> IntIterator for the it.unimi.dsi.fastutil.ints packge wich is
> unfornutately under LGPL license.
>
> Looking for an alternative I found the IntSet in
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PRIMITIVES-3, unfortunately this
> seems not to have become part of commons primitive (the issue has been
> open for more than 5 years). Is there any chance there will sonn be a
> snapshot release including this classes (or another IntSet
> implementation)?
>
> Cheers,
> reto

Ted Dunning, CTO