Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daniel M. Drucker" <dm...@3e.org> on 2004/10/03 15:47:18 UTC

how to force a Subject line?

A lot of my users are having problems with spam not getting filtered
out of their mailboxes due to those spams not having subject lines. If
there's no subject line, the subject line doesn't get rewritten with
rewrite_header.

Many or most of them are using email software that doesn't have much
in the way of complex filtering ability - filtering on a different
header is pretty hard or impossible.

Is there a way to force a subject line to be inserted if there isn't
one already?

--
Daniel Drucker / dmd@3e.org

Re: how to force a Subject line?

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Daniel M. Drucker wrote:
> Is there a way to force a subject line to be inserted if there isn't
> one already?

Procmail will do it.  Here is a rule to add one if none exist already.

  :0 fhw
  * ^To: *$
  | formail -I "To: undisclosed-recipients"

Bob

Re: how to force a Subject line?

Posted by Joe Croft <jo...@croftj.net>.
I solved this problem by having folks use IMAP. This way I can just filter it
at the server and stuff the email into their spam folder. The benefits of
this is that they don't have to download all of the spam to their machine.
They can just glean through the subjects and such to check it then delete it.

 Even lowly outlook express can handle this :).

-joe