Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Victor Smirnov <vi...@uwc.ru> on 2000/03/28 07:55:26 UTC

How to use position() ?

Hello all!

It seems to me that the following construction should put the position of
the blk_item in the list of all selected blk_item nodes. May be i am wrong ?

<xsl:template match="blk_item">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="position()"/>.
   <xsl:apply-templates select="blk"/>
   <xsl:apply-templates select="cnt"/>
</xsl:template>

But it produces the error:

XSL Error: SAX Exception
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: Can not convert #UNKNOWN to a
NodeList!

May be there is some other way of doing this ?

Thank you in advance
- Victor

p.s. I use Xalan 0.20.0
Any additional information?

Re: How to use position() ?

Posted by Dan Morrison <dm...@es.co.nz>.
Victor Smirnov wrote:

> Hello all!
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="position()"/>.

Don't you want value-of?

.dan.

Re: How to use position() ?

Posted by Jonathan Stimmel <jo...@stimmel.net>.
On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 11:55:26AM +0600, Victor Smirnov wrote:

>    <xsl:apply-templates select="position()"/>.

  <xsl:value-of select="position()"/>

or

  <xsl:number/>