Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org> on 2002/07/15 08:41:50 UTC

[libre] UC-external docs (was RE: [libre] use(full) how and when)

As explained elsewhere I'm splitting up the different threads here...
All should join again when we get a better feel of the various needs and how
to combine them in the solution.

[libre] UC-external docs

Diana Shannon [mailto:shannon@apache.org] wrote:

> Here's what I hope we can accomplish -- in part -- with libre:
>
> 3. Even in cases, like Steven's FAQs, think about other similar
> situations, e.g. How-Tos and Tutorials, where some docs are available
> externally on other sites. This means you need a list of such docs
> (single doc with third-party entries) which is included in the result,
> or the ability to go out and scrape meta data from these docs online.

Don't really feel like I understand fully.

Current libre expects all <entry> @location to point to a relative file.
I don't think it would be that hard to introduce support for http://.... in
there
but that would always result in an <entry> to be inserted, and never a
<collection> that will  be traversed deeper?
Support like this is in fact what book.xml does already so it's the least we
can do I guess.

what I'm doubting about is to what extend it's not about supporting
http://... but in fact any  by cocoon supported pseudo-protocol?

While this sounds like fun to code :-S the question in fact is how and why
that would be usefull?

regards,
-marc=