Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi> on 2012/12/31 16:57:56 UTC

How to determine in which container code is running?

Hi,

Has Java EE spec any API to determine is code running in EJB or WEB
container?

Or is there any better way than examine stacktrace?

Rgds,

Markku

Re: How to determine in which container code is running?

Posted by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi>.
JPA is one implementation of DataMapper.

One idea of Domain Model with UOW is that it decouples persistence layer
from domain implementation and tracking changes of the domain objects.

Domain Model does not know anything about persistence. When domain
object is created or otherway manipulated it register that it's state
has changed to the UOW instance and when user or service decide to save
state of the domain objects they call UOW method commit() which delegate
work to actual persistence implementation(JPA for example).

So these patterns are not reinventing the wheel again (persistence),
instead it describe how to build  effective software with domain model
that is totally independent of EIS layer.

rgds,

markku

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi>.