Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam <dk...@aadhya-analytics.com> on 2016/04/27 09:54:23 UTC

Need Help

Hi All,

I'm running a topology in local machine.my bolts parse the json data and
insert the parsed fields into db.one of the bolt is turning into red
color.What does it mean.
does it indicate flow of tuples is more for that insert bolt? if yes!!
.what should I do?Do I need it increase the parallelism of that particular
bolt?

*Best regards,*

*K.Sai Dilip Reddy.*

Re: Need Help

Posted by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi!
In Storm UI, please have a look at the value that you get for the Capacity
(last 10m) for your bolt. If it closer If this value  close to 1, then the
bolt is “at capacity”and is a bottleneck in your topology.Address such
bottlenecks by increasing the parallelism of the “at-capacity” bolts. This
means you should increase the num executors for this bolt, by providing the
hint parallelism in the bolt declarer or set up a numTask for this bolt to
16 and then rebalance your topology by providinng the
storm rebalance <your_top> -e <num_executors> (max 16).
I hope that these help.
Regards,
 Florin