Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Erik B. Craig" <gi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/18 20:55:29 UTC

Build problems on 2.0M6

Hey all,
After downloading the copy of 2.0M6 that's in the repo and attempting a
build, I am getting some errors pertaining to maven being unable to locate
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-maven
-plugin/2.0-M6/car-maven-plugin-2.0-M6.jar. I checked out that URL, and it
does indeed seem to be missing. I have tried wiping my local maven
repository, and doing a mvn clean install as well afterwards, and it's still
a no go.

Here's the output from maven...

Anyone have any thoughts? Is one of the pom.xml files a little messed up, or
is it something I've done?

Thanks for any help you can give

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-maven
-plugin/2.0-M6/car-maven-plugin-2.0-M6.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct:
Unable t
o download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.plugins-DartifactId=
car-maven-plugin \
        -Dversion=2.0-M6 -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-M6

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)

  org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-M6

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 22 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jun 18 14:26:42 EDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 61M/109M
[INFO]

Erik B. Craig

Re: Build problems on 2.0M6

Posted by "Erik B. Craig" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Excellent,

Thanks guys
=)

--
Erik B. Craig

Re: Build problems on 2.0M6

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build problems on 2.0M6

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Try building the bootstrap first.

mvn -Dstage=bootstrap

Joe

Re: Build problems on 2.0M6

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Erik B. Craig" <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
> After downloading the copy of 2.0M6 that's in the repo and attempting
> build, I am getting some errors pertaining to maven being unable to
> locate
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-maven
> -plugin/2.0-M6/car-maven-plugin-2.0-M6.jar. I checked out that URL,
> and it
> does indeed seem to be missing.

   In such a situation 2 stage build is required:
mvn install -Dstage=bootstrap
mvn install -Dstage=assemble

Thanks
Anita