Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Harmeet Singh <ha...@knoldus.com> on 2016/12/28 12:00:10 UTC

Unable to run Carbon Shell on Spark 2.0

I am trying to run Carbondata with Carbon shell because Thrift server support
is still no there. When i am running the shell script, i am getting
following error:
/
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.spark.repl.carbon.Main

/
I am looking into spark2.0 module, the /*org.apache.spark.repl.carbon.Main*/
class is not there. I am trying to create new Main class as like previous
spark version but when i build the Carbondata i am getting following error:
/
[ERROR]
/home/harmeet/CarbonData/integration/spark2/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/repl/carbon/Main.scala:31:
error: type mismatch;
[INFO]  found   : Array[String]
[INFO]  required: scala.tools.nsc.Settings
[INFO]     _interp.process(args)
/
Without Carbonshell or Thrift Server i am not able to pursue with Carbondata
with Spark 2.0. Please provide some valid solution ASAP.

Re: Unable to run Carbon Shell on Spark 2.0

Posted by Harmeet Singh <ha...@knoldus.com>.
Hello Jacky,

Yes, thrift server running successfully on spark 2.0.

Re: Unable to run Carbon Shell on Spark 2.0

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
Hi Harmeet,

Now ThriftServer that uses CarbonSession has been merged into master branch,
please try the latest master. Thanks.

Regards,
Jacky