Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Qin Ding <qd...@csc.com> on 2004/10/26 19:13:46 UTC

Re: File Upload Directory???

I have a need to upload the directory which contains xml, images, and other
resources. Rather than upload them one at a time, is there a way to upload
them by the directory?

/books/book1.xml
/books/book1.ipg
/books/book1.dat

Can I upload /books directory so that three resource files are all
uploaded?  Please advise how I can do this if possible.  Thank you.

Qin

for such purpose.

Re: File Upload Directory???

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.
You're going to have a tough time doing that.
The browser, for security reasons, allows no programmatic access to the
file system.  You're pretty much limited to an input field(s) of type
"file".  You can't even pre-populate them.

A signed applet can prompt the user for extended access to the file
system but, javascript can't do it.

Re: File Upload Directory???

Posted by Dakota Jack <cr...@gmail.com>.
I don't know how serious you are about this or what sort of a
situation you are in, but this is easy to do if you want to build a
mini-browser or mini-client in Java to do it.  I would think it has
been essentially done if you checked around.

Jack

Re: File Upload Directory???

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.