Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jin Yi <el...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/27 05:46:17 UTC

Apache Beam Side input vs Flink Broadcast Stream

Hi All,

there is a recent published article in the flink official website for
running beam on top of flink
https://flink.apache.org/ecosystem/2020/02/22/apache-beam-how-beam-runs-on-top-of-flink.html

In the article:

   - You get additional features like side inputs and cross-language
   pipelines that are not supported natively in Flink but only supported when
   using Beam with Flink

Ultimately, Beam pipeline will be translated into Flink job. So does beam's
side input translates into Flink Broadcast stream?

If I look at org.apache.beam.runners.flink.FlinkStreamingTransformTranslators,
it looks like converting the the side input into broadcast stream, then why
it says Flink does not support it natively?

Thanks a lot!
Eleanore

Re: Apache Beam Side input vs Flink Broadcast Stream

Posted by Jin Yi <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arvid,

Thanks a lot for the response and yes I am aware of FLIP-17.

Eleanore

Posted by Jin Yi <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arvid,

Posted by Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com>.