Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ryan Svihla <rs...@datastax.com> on 2014/12/24 13:47:13 UTC

Re: 答复:

Every time I've heard this but one this has been clock skew  (and that was
swallowed exceptions), however it can just be you have a test that is prone
to race conditions (delete followed by an immediate select with a low
consistency level), without more detail it's hard to say.

I'd check the nodes for time skew by running ntpdate on each node, and make
sure ntpd is pointing to the same servers.

--

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Ryan Svihla

Solution Architect

[image: twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/foundev> [image: linkedin.png]
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-svihla/12/621/727/>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.

Re: 答复:

Posted by Ken Hancock <ke...@schange.com>.
Better yet, if you're using a client where you can pass the time in, you
can validate it is indeed clock skew.  Do all your writes with timestamp =
0, all your deletes with timestamp = 1.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Ryan Svihla <rs...@datastax.com> wrote:

> Every time I've heard this but one this has been clock skew  (and that was
> swallowed exceptions), however it can just be you have a test that is prone
> to race conditions (delete followed by an immediate select with a low
> consistency level), without more detail it's hard to say.
>
> I'd check the nodes for time skew by running ntpdate on each node, and
> make sure ntpd is pointing to the same servers.
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 2:53 AM, 鄢来琼 <la...@gtafe.com> wrote:
>
>>  Yeah, I also have the question.
>>
>> My solution is not delete the row, but insert the right row to a new
>> table.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> *Peter YAN*

*Ken Hancock *| System Architect, Advanced Advertising
SeaChange International
50 Nagog Park
Acton, Massachusetts 01720
ken.hancock@schange.com | www.schange.com | NASDAQ:SEAC
<http://www.schange.com/en-US/Company/InvestorRelations.aspx>
Office: +1 (978) 889-3329 | [image: Google Talk:]
ken.hancock@schange.com | [image:
Skype:]hancockks | [image: Yahoo IM:]hancockks[image: LinkedIn]
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kenhancock>

[image: SeaChange International]
<http://www.schange.com/>This e-mail and any attachments may contain
information which is SeaChange International confidential. The information
enclosed is intended only for the addressees herein and may not be copied
or forwarded without permission from SeaChange International.