Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <av...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/15 00:09:21 UTC

Unable to recover repository with svnadmin recover.

I'm lost as to how this should be solved:

# whoami
root
# svnadmin recover /home/svnroot/
Repository lock acquired.
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
svn: bdb: Ignoring log file: /home/svnroot/db/log.0000000034: magic
number 88090400, not 40988
svn: bdb: Invalid log file: log.0000000034: Invalid argument
svn: bdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
svn: bdb: PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
svn: bdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery

Re: Unable to recover repository with svnadmin recover.

Posted by Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <av...@gmail.com>.
Yes in fact it had, i was trying to recover a repository created on a
ppc machine on an x86 machine, as soon as i moved it back to the ppc
machine everything worked.

I presume i'll have to do such moves via dump/load in the future?

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.