Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Justice Utete <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/08 09:33:07 UTC

Error serializing session attribute on Tomcat shutdown

Hi, Im having a problem with TomCat.

Whenever I Shut down or restart the contaner when there is an active
session, it throws the following error:

INFO - Cannot serialize session attribute
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus
for session CE6F170E366C1E487D80C78B1DCC3B18
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

--
/** Code speaks louder than words **/

Justice
Sun Certified Professional for Java Technology (SCJP 5)

Re: Error serializing session attribute on Tomcat shutdown

Posted by Alec Bickerton <al...@minick.ch>.
Justice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the cocoon authentication framework. From what i understand
> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus
> holds the value of the ID element in
> <authentication>
>     <ID>Unique ID of the user in the system</ID>
>     <role>rolename</role> <!-- optional -->
>     <data>
>         Any additional optional information can be supplied here.
>         This will be stored in the session for later retrieval
>     </data>
> </authentication>
>
> In my case this is the user's email address.
>
> Are you implying that its a known bug or something...

I am. I seem to recall seeing something in the mailing list archives
that explains why this occurs. But, as I'm not using it I didn't take
much notice.

Google will find the message if you look for NotSerializable and cocoon.

All the best,
Alec

Re: Error serializing session attribute on Tomcat shutdown

Posted by Justice <jd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm using the cocoon authentication framework. From what i understand
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus
holds the value of the ID element in
<authentication>
    <ID>Unique ID of the user in the system</ID>
    <role>rolename</role> <!-- optional -->
    <data>
        Any additional optional information can be supplied here.
        This will be stored in the session for later retrieval
    </data>
</authentication>

In my case this is the user's email address.

Are you implying that its a known bug or something...

Regards

I'm also using 2.1.9 and have managed to get a clean shutdown with
tomcat. Are use using the authentication, javaflow etc... There are
known issues with these.

In our case, the problem was due to session:createcontext calls in the
xsl transformations. We're only using a few generators and actions, so
nothing fancy.

Once I modified the pipelines to either use the temporary sessioncontext
(If it only last for the the request, how is it a sessioncontext? ...but
that's another rant) and everything seems to work just fine. but as
always YMMV.

-----

Justice Utete

Posted by Alec Bickerton <al...@minick.ch>.
I'm also using 2.1.9 and have managed to get a clean shutdown with
tomcat. Are use using the authentication, javaflow etc... There are
known issues with these.

In our case, the problem was due to session:createcontext calls in the
xsl transformations. We're only using a few generators and actions, so
nothing fancy.

Once I modified the pipelines to either use the temporary sessioncontext
(If it only last for the the request, how is it a sessioncontext? ...but
that's another rant) and everything seems to work just fine. but as
always YMMV.

Alec,

Posted by Justice <jd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 08.01.2008 03:33, Justice Utete wrote:
>> Hi, Im having a problem with TomCat.
>>
>> Whenever I Shut down or restart the contaner when there is an active
>> session, it throws the following error:
>>
>> INFO - Cannot serialize session attribute
>> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus
>> for session CE6F170E366C1E487D80C78B1DCC3B18
>> java.io.NotSerializableException:
>> org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager
>>     at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
>
> Which Cocoon version are you using? From what I get the
> DefaultAuthenticationManager sets the session attribute to a value which
> includes CocoonComponentManager - and that seems to be a bug.
>
> Joerg

-----

Justice Utete

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.