Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/05 18:00:32 UTC

Interesting blocks

Folks,

Just in case you did not know, there are two interesting Phoenix using
projects out there.

1) Jo! Webserver :- http://www.tagtraum.com/

  It has a block that exposes:

     deployWAR(String hostName, String name, String ctxPath, String warUrl);

  JAMES could have in it's own tree a JSP/taglib/Servlet webapp and then
on startup, hand that to Jo! through the above API and Jo would unpack
it and mount it for use.

2) Enterprise Object Broker :- http://eob.sourceforge.net/

  Like EJB but simpler (still evolving).  See our 'JoUsingStartup' and
how it differs to 'DefaultStartup' as two Blocks implementing the same
service.

(1) is more likely to be of use to you for allowing a single SAR distro
that includes webapp management.
(2) is more likely to avail of services in JAMES in a beanlike environment.

Lastly, I'd like to direct you to AltRMI -
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/altrmi/ - this is
not a phoenix block, but is useful for those needing remote API access.

Regards,

- Paul H