Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2005/05/04 05:37:23 UTC

Re: Announce: Apache XML-RPC 2.0beta

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 17:18 -0700, Daniel L. Rall wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 15:20 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> > > Also, would be nice if you made sure that you announce, at least stable,
> > > versions on freshmeat.net (http://freshmeat.net/projects/apachexmlrpc/).
> > > Since this is the only place I now that I can get notified of now releases
> > > automaticially. ws.apache.org does not house this service or?
> >
> > That would be a task for Jason van Zyl, or Daniel Rall, the project
> > admins on FreshMeat. Jason? Daniel?
>
> Sure thing.  I need to update the project's meta data first, though.
> Which file?  The -current?  Seems like that should be changed to -2.0-
> b1.  Additionally, it could symlink into a corresponding sub-directory.
>
> http://www.wmwweb.com/apache/ws/xmlrpc/

Ping.

Re: Announce: Apache XML-RPC 2.0beta

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/4/05, Daniel L. Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> > Sure thing.  I need to update the project's meta data first, though.
> > Which file?  The -current?  Seems like that should be changed to -2.0-
> > b1.  Additionally, it could symlink into a corresponding sub-directory.
> >
> > http://www.wmwweb.com/apache/ws/xmlrpc/
>
> Ping.

Sorry for not replying sooner. IMO, it makes always sense to use
-current for pointers. Typically users want the "latest" version and
not a specific version. Besides, FreshMeat announcements tend to popup
somewhere else even months later, when there might be newer versions.

Jochen

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)