Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Bryan Vest <mu...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/14 23:20:05 UTC

Re: You OK? We overloading you?

Guys I'm not ignoring the group. I do want to do this. I have some things
to learn it seems. I got a little anxious there for a minute because you
guys are moving so fast. Just going to admit I need help with this
on-boarding.

I am not used to doing things this way. Once I am in the server I know what
I am doing. I have a login at http://id.apache.org/. I have keys there ssh
and OpenPGP. I can sftp to home.apache.org.

But I get the LDAP error when trying to log into the SA server as ssh
bvest@sa-vm1.apache.org which is what the instructions say I have to do to
generate the opie key. I think im stuck on this part or im reading it wrong.

"3. Setup Open a JIRA ticket at issues.apache.org similar to INFRA-14045 to
get them access to our box."

Thanks
--Bryan Vest

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Kevin A. McGrail <kevin.mcgrail@mcgrail.com

Re: You OK? We overloading you?

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Sigh, correction needed.

According to Dave Jones a space is ok, so the only changes to the list is to
include the chosen wiki login name in the request to be added to AdminGroup,
and another change that I though if that AdminGroup implies ContribGroup
access so only the former needs to be requested.

 Sidney

Re: You OK? We overloading you?

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.

Re: You OK? We overloading you?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
No worries. I predicted you might be stuck at that point and opened a jira ticket for you.

It has not been completed yet.

It might not be clear the way i did it but there are things you do and others have to do.

The part where someone with karma is a phrase used at the ASF meaning with enough privileges and authorization.

If you follow it in order there should have been an email asking for someone to open a jira ticket.

Here is the original list.  Dave, did we capture the email requesting access on the new format?  I am on a cell phone at the moment.

 - Once they have an Apache ID, they should:

   - SASA Member signs up for an Infra Jira account at
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa?
   - SASA Member adds an SSH public key to id.apache.org
   - Add your PGP public key.  http://people.apache.org/~kmcgrail/
   - Create an account on our Wiki
   - Email sysadmins-subscribe@spamassassin.apache.org
   - Email sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org and ask for karma to access
 sa-vm1 with sudo access
   - Email sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org and ask for your account to
 be added to https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ContributorsGroup and
 https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AdminGroup
   - Start looking at https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentStuff
 under infrastruction

 - Someone with Karma needs to:
   - Approve request to sysadmins mailing list
   - Add them to ContributorsGroup and AdminGroup on Wikki
   - Open a JIRA ticket at issues.apache.org similar to INFRA-14045 to get
 them access to our box

Don't be shy to email or call. It's a lot of systems and things like Opie can be confusing.
Regards,
KAM