Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Deepa Iyer <dr...@asu.edu> on 2007/06/14 20:59:51 UTC

Help in using PropertySelection component of Tapestry

Hi,
I am using PropertySelection component to create a drop down list in
tapestry. The &#39;model&#39; attribute equals a List of values which is
getting pulled form the database. Now I want to add separate title
attributes(displaying tooltip text) to my each and every option of the drop
down. Is there a way to do this? Because when I do it, the title attribute
gets assigned to the select tag and not to individual option tags. I want to
do this using PropertySelction only in tapestry. It is quite urgent for my
project. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Deepa

Re: Help in using PropertySelection component of Tapestry

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That depends on which version of tapestry you are using.

There is a new "optionRenderer" parameter to PropertySelection in Tapestry
4.1.2 (which I seem to have forgotten to document, fixing that tonight now
that I've noticed) which allows you to pass in a custom version of
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/form/IOptionRenderer.html-
which should allow you to write whatever you want.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Help in using PropertySelection component of Tapestry

Posted by Deepa Iyer <dr...@asu.edu>.
Hi,
I am using PropertySelection component to create a drop down list in
tapestry. The 'model' attribute equals a List of values which is getting