Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick Campbell <PC...@ourvacationstore.com> on 2004/09/15 00:30:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Help with mod_alias/Redirect

Hello,

I am trying to redirect http://mydomain.com/test1 to
http://mydomain.com/test2 where mydomain is 1 of 100 virtual domains  on my
system.  I know that I can use mod_rewrite however it seems that I think I
should be able to implement this more easily using mod_alias and the
Redirect directive?

Here is what I'm trying within .htaccess in the root directory of each
virtual domain:

Redirect /test1 http://%{SERVER_NAME}/test2

This yields nothing in error_log and in access_log it shows I am accessing
test1 (not test2)

My proxy server says:
Error while trying to retrieve the URL: http://%{server_name}/test/ so it
seems the URL isn't getting passed/parsed.

Is %(SERVER_NAME) something I can use within a .htaccess file with a
Redirect directive?  Am I using improper syntax?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Campbell
OurVacationStore.com
Website Administrator
pcampbell@ourvacationstore.com

Re: [users@httpd] Increasing StartServers makes httpd processes die off in Apache 2.0.50

Posted by Manoj <fl...@yahoo.com>.
mpm - worker
die off - httpd processes get kiiled.
Nothing in the error log.

-Manoj

Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:[Please post in
plain text.]

> When using Apache 2.0.48 increasing StartServers
from 2(default) to 5 worked fine, where as when we do
the same for 2.0.50 the httpd processes die off.

What mpm? What *exactly* do you mean by "die off".
What is in the error log?

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Increasing StartServers makes httpd processes die off in Apache 2.0.50

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
[Please post in plain text.]

Posted by Manoj <fl...@yahoo.com>.
Hello All,

This is regarding a problem when StartServers in httpd.conf file is increased.

When using Apache 2.0.48 increasing StartServers from 2(default) to 5 worked fine, where as when we do the same for 2.0.50 the httpd processes die off.

Has anyone faced this problem? Please throw some light if you are aware of this issue.

Thank you!

Regards,

Manoj

Re: [users@httpd] Help with mod_alias/Redirect

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:30:05 -0700, Patrick Campbell
<pc...@ourvacationstore.com> wrote:
> Is %(SERVER_NAME) something I can use within a .htaccess file with a
> Redirect directive?  Am I using improper syntax?

No.  mod_alias does not substitute env variables. Use mod_rewrite.

Joshua.