Posted to user@flume.apache.org by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/02 10:21:20 UTC

Use Flume to Stream Real Time Video into HDFS

Hi,

Is there any sample or tutorial about streaming Real Time Videos into HDFS?

I am trying to use net cat but it might not be a good choice (I am new to flume).

Regards
Arthur

(below is my test configuration)
### A single-node Flume configuration
### Name the components on this agent
a3.sources = r1
a3.channels = c1
a3.sinks = k1
### Describe/configure the source
a3.sources.r1.type = netcat
a3.sources.r1.bind = localhost
a3.sources.r1.port = 44444
a3.sources.r1.channels = c1
### Describe the sink
### Use a channel which buffers events in memory
a3.channels.c1.type                                     = memory
a3.channels.c1.capacity                                 = 10000
a3.channels.c1.transactionCapacity                      = 10000
### Bind the source and sink to the channel
a3.sinks.k1.type = hdfs
a3.sinks.k1.channel = c1
a3.sinks.k1.hdfs.path = hdfs://hdfs/flume_test
a3.sinks.k1.hdfs.filePrefix = events-
a3.sinks.k1.hdfs.round = true
a3.sinks.k1.hdfs.roundValue = 10
a3.sinks.k1.hdfs.roundUnit = minute

Re: Use Flume to Stream Real Time Video into HDFS

Posted by Sandeep Khurana <sk...@gmail.com>.
You may try  writing a custom source which can use a gstreamer pipeline
(which you will build) and send data to channel etc .

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana