Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jens Hartung <ho...@gmx.de> on 2011/08/16 11:33:00 UTC

Fetch all rows with entry in one specific column

Hi,

is there a way to fetch all row, where the value of one specific column has a entry? And when yes, is this supported by CQL?

In normal SQL the statement would call like "SELECT key FROM table WHERE column IS NOT NULL;"

I searched the CQL pages and CLI pages on Datastax.com and found nothing like this :(

Greetings, Jens

Re: Fetch all rows with entry in one specific column

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
None that I am aware of. Secondary indexes require an equality operator.

You would need to build a custom secondary index if you needed to do this.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton