Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Chris Olsen <co...@mchsi.com> on 2020/03/18 18:57:30 UTC

Java 14 / Netbeans download problem

Hello, Everyone --

   I just downloaded the AdoptOpenJDK, and installed it via the  .msi file.  Then I attempted to download Netbeans 11.3.

   The Netbeans installation reached an "unexpected exception," to wit:

          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
          java/util/jar/Pack200

   Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Have I messed up somewhere???

   -- Chris

Re: Java 14 / Netbeans download problem

Posted by Chris Olsen <co...@mchsi.com>.
Emilian and All --

   > Then again, the installer could perhaps *detect* JDK 14 and give the users a nicer message?

   Part of my problem is that not being a developer I am not always able to understand the significance of what I'm reading.   Perhaps a message including a workaround would work.  I was able to download Java 14 and then point Netbeans to it using the Platform manager.  It had never occurred to me as an amateur that one might want to (or could) have more than one version of Java at a time on one's computer.

   Perhaps a message with that workaround would be helpful to "entry level" folks?

   -- Chris

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Olsen <co...@mchsi.com>.
Geertjan and All --