Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl> on 2000/01/28 17:58:58 UTC

Extended-XSLT ?

I read a lot about Extended-XSLT, but I can't find any documentation about
it......
Where can I find more information about E-XSLT?

Gerard

RE: Extended-XSLT ?

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
> "E-XSLT" is a term that's kind of been coined along the
> way during discussion on this list. It stands for:
>
> "XSLT with tag libraries of Extension Elements"
>
> The XSLT Extension Element feature is documented
> in the spec at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#extension-element

Ah...I overlooked it when reading the spec....maybe it's a good idea for me
to read the whole spec again ;-)

> This defines how a stylesheet/transform can
> identify "extension-element-prefixes" that
> key the XSLT Processor into the fact that
> certain XML namespaces represent libraries
> of extension elements like:
>
>   <xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>                  xmlns:quickquotes="urn-quickquotes"
>                  version="1.0">
>      :
>   <quickquotes:get-quote symbols="AAPL GE HLTH"/>
>      :
>
> The implementation of the "get-quote"
> extension element in the "mylib" library
> gets a chance to do arbitrary processing and
> then (perhaps) write some XML nodes as
> its output into the result page.
>
> So the result might be:
>
>       :
>     <quote>
>       <ticker>AAPL</ticker>
>       <price>105.62</price>
>     </quote>
>     <quote>
>       <ticker>GE</ticker>
>       <price>136.00</price>
>     </quote>
>     <quote>
>       <ticker>HLTH</ticker>
>       <price>72.88</price>
>     </quote>
>        :

Thanks for the example.....it made things clear.

Gerard

Re: Extended-XSLT ?

Posted by Steve Muench <sm...@us.oracle.com>.
[...]

Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml