Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Schwartz <al...@schwartzonline.de> on 2006/11/07 15:08:26 UTC

[maven2] CruiseControl & surfire reports

Hi,

I am running a maven2 build with CruiseControl
(http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/).
Now I would like to configure maven2 such that the surefire XML test
reports are collected
for CruiseControl and displayed on the corresponding Build Results page
of CruiseControl.

I assume I'm not the first one using this combination....
So, has someone a working configuration?
Or any hints, even about failing approaches?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: [maven2] CruiseControl & surfire reports

Posted by Alex Schwartz <al...@schwartzonline.de>.
Hello everyone,

I figured out a simple solution to display the surefire test results of a
maven2 project in the CruiseControl build results page:

The CruiseControl config contains an element "merge" which
merges given test result XML files into the build result XML file.

Configure the merge elment as follows:

		<log>
			<merge
                             dir="projects/${project.name}"
			     pattern="TEST-*.xml" />
		</log>

This solution works even in the case of multimodule projects.

(The implementation parses the given directory structure including the
subdirectories. All test result files are selected by the given pattern.)

Best Regards,

Posted by Alex Schwartz <al...@schwartzonline.de>.
Hello Prasad,

thanks for your answer and the complete list of references covering the
"dashboard problem".

I am working with an m2-base build system of a product with 120+ maven
projects. Hence the current lack of a dashboard is a big issue.
I appreciate any approach to realize a dashboard feature
-- even it's just a temporarily work-around solution.

Maybe I can help to realize a solution...

Best Regards,

Alex

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Tuesday November 07 2006 9:08 am, Alex Schwartz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a maven2 build with CruiseControl
> (http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/).
> Now I would like to configure maven2 such that the surefire XML test
> reports are collected
> for CruiseControl and displayed on the corresponding Build Results page
> of CruiseControl.
>
> I assume I'm not the first one using this combination....
> So, has someone a working configuration?
> Or any hints, even about failing approaches?

We kind of accomplished it by using the ant builder to call to a small
build.xml that forks MVN to do the build, but then collects the
**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml files together into one place.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/build.xml

Not exactly ideal, but if it works..........

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer